Avoiding Damage to Underground Services HS (G) 47 Refresher Training including the use of Cable Avoidance Tools
To refresh the attendees knowledge of the requirements of HS (G) 47, cable avoidance tools and other technology that can be used successfully in an electrical substation environment to continue to reduce the risks from the danger of underground service damage incidents.
The aim of this training is to refresh the delegate’s awareness of the following:
- The requirements of HS (G) 47 Avoiding Damage to Underground Services
- The implications of causing damage to underground services
- How cable avoidance tools can be used in a work environment
- Safe methods of excavation
- Alternative excavation techniques such as air lance and hydro excavation technologies
Persons who have previously attended the full HS(G) 47 training and are involved with the planning, designing and execution of work where the surface of the ground is penetrated, or those who need to refresh their understanding of the dangers associated with underground services and the techniques employed to avoid them.
The requirements of HS (G) 47 including:
- Planning the work Permit systems
- Utility Plans and their limitations
- Benefits of underground mapping technology
- Detection of underground services using cable avoidance tools.
- Safe digging practises
- Underground services colour coding system
- Substation/street furniture identification
- Practical coaching session on the use of Cat and Genny in a work environment
The course/training will enable delegates to:
- Understand the requirements and implications of HS (G) 47
- Understand the dangers associated with working near underground services
- Understand the key principles of detecting underground services using cable avoidance tools and underground mapping technology.
- Implement safe digging techniques
- Recognise where alternative excavation technologies can be employed
Development and Delivery of bespoke training
High level of course assessment
Competence focussed training
Industry recognised standards
Industry recognised accreditation with major power and utility customer base.
Get in touch...
To discuss our training courses further